Site Login

Lost your password? (close)

Chinese Made Cell Phone Explodes In Khun Thanit’s Shirt Pocket

07 April 2012 :: 11:04:51 am [ 4,455 views ]

SHARE THIS63053

The M2F free newspaper reported that a Chinese made MTM mobile phone which Mr. Thanit Phongdee age 55, a Bangkok business man had bought at Maboonkrong mall exploded in his shirt’s pocket.

Mr. Thanit said that he had bought the mobile phone at 3,000 THB because it was cheap and he could use with it with 3 sim cards.He had used the phone for 1 year. No problem.

The night before the incident he charged the battery as usual. When he was having lunch at the food center in Central World, the phone suddenly exploded. His shirt was torn and burnt.

He said that, he is lucky not to have been seriously injured from the explosion.Mr. Thanit is planning to sue the Chinese mobile phone company.

The M2F newspaper contacted the distributor selling the phones manufactured in Shenzhen, China.

Mrs. Phing from the MTM mobile phone importer & distributor in Thailand said that she would like to talk to the Mr. Thanit because this is the first that one of their mobile phones exploded. Mrs. Phing assumes that Mr. Thanit might have used non standard batteries.

Or he could have left the mobile phone in the strong sun light for a long time causing the overheating and explosion of the battery.

Tags :

Bangkok, battery, Cell Phone, explosion, M2F, MBK, Mobile Phone, PDN, sim card, Thailand News,


Category : Community News

Comment in News

  •  
  •     
  • *

The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com

battman    2012-04-15 23:00:44    email : tow@mbk.com
Lithium batteries are very volalite if not properly charged. Cause most likely the phone quality & design. Strong heat from sun will raise the temperature of the battery but the phone circuitry should thermal-sense and stop charging the battery.

Bottom line, dont buy Chinese brand phones; you get what you pay for. Thankfully the phone wasnt in the man's front pants pocket when it explode.