PATTAYA – April 25, 2012 [PDN]; Pattaya municipality had set up a seminar for an assessment project concerning Pattaya development plan by having exhibitions indicating performance from the past 4 years. Representatives from over 38 communities in Pattaya joined the activities at Thapraya meeting room, Pattaya Administration, Chonburi province.
Mr. Ithiphol Khunpleum had reported on his performance that he led the administration team and the members of the Pattaya committee with five main programs, seven building programs, 13 strategies and 14 policies in developing Pattaya.
For the past 4 years he had emphasized on 13 strategies:
1. Strategies in the safety of life and property of Thais and foreigners, 31 projects.
2. Strategies against drugs, 21 projects.
3. Strategies in traffic control, 22 projects.
4. Strategies in transportation & public relations, 74 projects.
5. Strategies in education, 172 projects.
6. Strategies in developing public utility, basic fundaments and information technologies and communication, 223 projects.
7. Strategies in sports and relaxation activities, 52 projects.
8. Strategies in developing sufficiency economy and promote OTOP, 34 projects.
9. Strategies in public health, 386 projects.
10. Strategies in promoting morals and ethical behavior, local culture and religion, 116 projects.
11. Strategies in developing water resources and alternative energy, 4 projects.
12. Strategies in developing downtown cluster concepts, 9 projects
13. Strategies in working effectively and in correctly, 401 projects.
Mr. Ithiphol said that Burapha university had done a survey to assess the working performance of operating Pattaya municipality during the past 4 years and found that 78.12 % Pattaya locals felt satisfied with the operation, 17.2 % for medium satisfaction, 3.54 % for fair and 1.08% saying that it needs improvement.
Lately, Mr. Ithiphol had created a strategy to publicize the image of Pattaya to the tourists to world wide under the slogan of “Pattaya City, Definitely More”. Also to improve the roads, develop the areas in Laem Balihai to have a beautiful surroundings and scenery for the tourists. This is to be implemented in the near future.