Mr. Thanit said that he had bought the mobile phone at 3,000 THB because it was cheap and he could use with it with 3 sim cards.He had used the phone for 1 year. No problem.
The night before the incident he charged the battery as usual. When he was having lunch at the food center in Central World, the phone suddenly exploded. His shirt was torn and burnt.
He said that, he is lucky not to have been seriously injured from the explosion.Mr. Thanit is planning to sue the Chinese mobile phone company.
The M2F newspaper contacted the distributor selling the phones manufactured in Shenzhen, China.
Mrs. Phing from the MTM mobile phone importer & distributor in Thailand said that she would like to talk to the Mr. Thanit because this is the first that one of their mobile phones exploded. Mrs. Phing assumes that Mr. Thanit might have used non standard batteries.
Or he could have left the mobile phone in the strong sun light for a long time causing the overheating and explosion of the battery.