Pattaya, December 12, 2011[PDN]; Pol. Lt. Surachok Kungwanwanich, Pattaya police station, was notified about a fire at the food zone on the ground floor of the Avenue Pattaya shopping mall located on the Second Road Pattaya, Chonburi province.
The police and five fire trucks, firefighters and electricians plus the rescue team arrived at the scene, the Pizza corner, Coffee world and an ice cream shop burning and smoke all over the shopping mall. The security guards were trying to stop the fire to no avail. The fire-brigade arrived and 10 minutes later they put out the fire.
Upon investigation Ms. Saowanee Srichokchai age 30, the employee of the shop, said that the shop closed since mid night and she had locked the door.
She knew about the fire as she was informed by the security guard. She dropped everything and rushed to the scene. The cost of the damage is estimated to circa 100,000 THB.
The security guard said, as he was making his rounds after midnight he heard the noise of the electric short circuit and saw a lot of smoke and fire from the ice cream refrigerator. He tried to stop the fire and called the police and the fire-brigade for assistance. .
The police assumes that the cause of the fire is an electric short circuit. A full investigation will take place after a thorough inspection of the site where the fire occurred.