Mr Christopher Middleton, the real estate and tourism senior journalist of The Telegraph in UK ranked the 20 cities around the world which the foreigners deemed as suitable for their second home. Pattaya is in the one of twenty cities.
The twenty cities that selected to be the second home are as follows:
1. Albania – Mild temperatures and beautiful beaches. Good potential for investment. With many luxurious resorts along the sea.
2. Pattaya Thailand- Beautiful tropical scenery and exciting night life. The resort properties are cheaper than in other cities worldwide. About 6 millions tourists visit Pattaya per year.
3.Puglia, Italy – Its pure air, beautiful scenic mountains and the sea including the simple life of local people are the main reasons that many tourists choose to visit or buy a second home here.
4.St Petersburg, Russia- This city suitable for those who like extreme cold in winter or like to live a simple life yet with full option of modern facilities. Tourists can see the the local people’s ways of life along with the fascinating buildings just through the window.
5.Krakow, Poland- If you would like to have a modern european house in Polish style, you can find it in Krakow. At the present, the house’s prices in Poland are dramatically increaing as Poland will be the host of the European 2012 Football Cup.
6.Leipzig, Germany- The tranquillity , tradition, friendship but also new constructions and new technologies attract the tourists to visit this city.
7.Zell am See, Austria- This city is suitable for ski vacation and other winter activities as it is surrounded by the mountains and is covered by snow in the winter.
8.Nova Scotia, Canada- The tranquil, friendly, fresh air city in the East of Canada has only 950,000 residents and is a secure investment for a second home.
9.Tallinn, Estonia- If you are interested in classic arts. This city has plenty of architecture and history to offer. A classic Baltic sea and European city.
10.Alentejo, Portugal- If you like wine and wish to be a vineyard owner. This place will make your dream come true as its landscape and climate are suitable for making wine. This city is also famous for the Portuguese cuisine.
11.Shetland Islands, Scotland- The popular place for English’s vacationers as its seclusion, beatiful scenery and far from night life attracts people.
12.Kotor Bay, Montenegro- The Unesco world heritage city with tranquillity, beatiful scenery, buildings and history.
13. Kolymbari-Crete- The small Island with abundant fairy tales,
plantations, vineyards and olive yards. This is a plentiful, historical and ecological island.
14. Kenya- An interesting African country of many tribes, animals and spectacular nature.
15. Slovenia- The small country was separated from Czech Republic and is known as the “New Zealand of Europe”. Slovenia is also famous for it’s beautiful forests.
16. Vietnam- Vietnam attracts tourists with its plentiful natural resources, simple ways of life and cheap living costs.
17. Ibiza, Spain- The party city of the Mediterranean with exciting night life and famous beaches. holywood star Leonardo DiCaprio has often been seen there.
18. Newport Rhode Island, United States- The luxurious island for private diving, sailing and sunbathing.
19. Istanbul Turkey- The combination land of East and West with delectable food, magnificent architecture and history.
20. Bali, Indonesia- Beautiful scenery surrounded by mountains, five stars hotels, fresh sea food, seclusion and spectacular traditions