Pattaya, 28 May 2011 [PDN]: At approximately 10.30 am on Saturday morning, the Sawang Boriboon Foundation was called to rescue an electrical contractor, who reportedly had been electrocuted and was in need of immediate medical treatment.
Arriving at the scene, rescue officers rendered immediate first-aid care to the victim, who was then transported to Banglamung Hospital.
Krailas Keawsan, 37 of Najomtien, Sattahip was in a critical condition suffering from severe burns and near fatal injuries after being electrocuted at a 20-metre high billboard.
According to the victim’s wife, Mrs. Nittaya Thisuka, her husband and his two friends were sent to hang the sign up for Numchai Shop.
While climbing up, the aluminium wire that her husband was holding caught in a high-voltage power cable, Nittaya said.
Her husband’s body went into immediate shock while he was still hanging on the frame of the sign, suffering serious burns around his waistline, she added.
Based on their investigation, Banglamung police believed that the workers had carelessly forgotten to install an insulator before proceeding with the electrical work.
However, the police will wait to question the victim after his recover to determine the exact cause of the incident