- 2tbsp olive oil
- 454g pack Finest British pork sausages (Friendship or Foodland)
- 1 sweet potato (about 225g/8oz) peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 50g (2oz) baby spinach leaves, roughly sliced (or frozen from Friendship or Foodland)
- 8 large eggs
- 1tbsp snipped spring onions, plus extra to garnish
- 50 grams Cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- green salad, to serve
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the sausages and fry over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until evenly browned. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper. Allow to cool slightly before cutting each one into 5 diagonal slices.
Wipe out the pan with piece of kitchen paper. Pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and heat up. Tip in the sweet potato and red onion and stir fry for 10-12 minutes until softened and turning golden. Stir in the spinach for a few seconds (just enough to wilt). Return sausages to the pan. Preheat the grill to high.
Beat the eggs, add salt and pepper, pour into pan, then scatter over with the snipped chives or spring onions. Cook over a low to medium heat for about 5 minutes until the edges begin to set. Add grated cheese over top and place the pan under the grill for a few more minutes until the top begins to puff up and is lightly browned. Scatter over the remaining snipped chives, and serve with a green salad or chosen accompaniment.
Tip: If no grill, use two frying pans, when Frittata is nearly solid and only top is wet, tip into second frying pan upside down and return to stove for 2 minutes.